Tuesday, December 6, 2011

My Chiropractors at Shephard Clinic

I was just writing a review for my friends at Shephard Clinic of the Chiropractic Arts and wanted to share it with you. Doing P90X, Insanity, Turbo Fire, Backpacking, you-name-it, can be very hard on the body. I can't tell you how many times Gena has injured herself on the trail and Dr. Shephard or Dr. Freeman have had to put her back together. Now it's a point in our house, before we see a regular doctor for a musculoskeletal issue, we see one of these fine men.

Here's my review...
I  was a skeptic of chiropractic medicine until I went to Shephard Chiropractic Clinic. I had been to a few chiropractors, one of whom caused me some sort of injury! Not all Chiropractic methods are created equally.

When I started seeing Dr. Shephard it felt like I had a dorsal fin growing out of my back right above my shoulders. Every week the discomfort grew until it was an outright pain; then the pain began to grow. Some days it was debilitating. My wife was a regular with a similar practitioner in Keizer named Herb Freeman. She finally convinced me to go see Shephard who was close to my school (Portland State).

I wanted so badly for him to use a more violent technique to just make the pain stop. Instead, the clinic practices Controlled Force Technique which I have come to believe is significantly better than what many other chiropractors practice. It took a couple visits for the pain to decrease; a couple weeks for discomfort to decrease. Soon, I was ready to take on the world again!



Now I visit the clinic every six weeks or so for regular maintenance. I am pretty hard on my body as an extreme athlete. I credit Dr. Shephard and Dr. Gearhart in the same clinic with keeping me injury free and thank them for fixing what damage I have done in my crazy life.

The staff is as gifted as the chiropractors. I have gotten into several conversations with them about school, management, even nutrition with Mrs. Shephard. I love them all and wish they were closer.

I would drive from Tillamook just to see the talented professionals at Shephard Clinic.


Links:
Yelp Reviews
Shephard Clinic
Controlled Force Technique
Freeman Clinic
My Yelp Profile
My Yelp Biz Page

No comments:

Post a Comment