Friday, January 13, 2012

Bowflex SelectTech... Well Worth the Price Tag

I didn't want to buy them... ok, I did, but I didn't want to spend the money!

I fought the urge for years until Mardi offered me his slightly used at half of retail. WHY IN GOD'S NAME DIDN'T I BUY THESE THINGS SOONER?! Six month's later Mardi was regretting his decision. Mardi, I love you, but you ain't getting these things back!




The first time I really saw them in action was in P90X Plus, a follow on addition to P90X. (Not to be confused with P90X2). Beachbody and Tony Horton used these magnificent power tools with Traci and Mark to show just how easy it can be to quickly fly through a complicated workout to get the most out of your time.

Later I saw these miracles of  modern machinery do wonders for body sculpting in Chalene Johnson's Lean Phasing workout, ChaLEAN Extreme. Chalene discusses the beauty of these tools throughout her workouts while teaching you how to get the most out of your workout.

Bowflex® SelectTech® have streamlined my workouts and helped me keep my gym a little safer by not having piles of dumbbells all over the floor half way through a P90X workout. The ability to adjust the weights to odd, in between loads has really helped me grow. One of the neatest features is the ability to heavy load one half of the dumbbell and light load the other to really work on supination strength (see P90X: Full Supination Concentration Curls).

Changing weights is dial-a-matic. They come in two sizes now and I recommend the Bowflex® SelectTech® 552 which ranges from 5-52.5lbs. The other size is the 1090 ranging from 10-90lbs. If you are a big guy wanting to lift heavy, you might need or want these but I am a little guy who generally doesn't need the size that comes with that strength as I am a fan of gravity sports that like me to stay light weight.

Believe me, 52.5lbs does the job. If it doesn't slow down your cadence and focus on perfect form. The burn will come.

I get coupons sometimes so I will try to keep this post updated with the latest in the links section below.

Save Up To $100! Save $25 when you spend over $200, Save $50 when you spend over $350 and Save $100 when you spend over $500.

 
Links:
P90X
ChaLEAN Extreme®: The Power of Lean Phasing
Other Chalene Johnson Programs
P90X2

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the post! The Bowflex Selectech is great and has really good durability, too. They can last for years!

    ReplyDelete